Re: [OM] Olympus Camedia 2500 Results

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus Camedia 2500 Results
From: DaEyeGuy@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 1999 18:01:30 EST
Phillip,
Loved your response about the uses of different formats. I have been  using
the Oly 450Z (digital) for the last three months and have thoroughly enjoyed
it for specific uses....
<< Certainly there are some
 situations where this Camedia 2500 makes more sense then pulling out the
 35mm film camera  >>
exactly...when using only on the internet in a non-art situation (selling
thru an auction, snaps for a website, sending pictures to friends and
relatives, and on an on...) or even family pictures fo simply viewing and
archiving, it is faster, easier, and nifty to be able to view them on a large
TV screen, show them directly from the camera...at a recent trade show it was
the hit of the bar when I hooked it to the bar TV and put it in slide show
mode...we could view the newest products and comment on them as the 'cheer'
grew...
<<Just
because a 35mm film camera can't match the output quality of a medium or
large format system does not mean that we should have abandoned the use
of 35mm film systems.>>
again..well said. Point-and-shoots have much more to lose than we "old
format" types...our medium has already been passed and is becoming more of a
curiosity/hobbyist/professional choice. There is certainly lots of room for
other formats!
My only disagreement with all said was the time frame till equity with our
35mm/scanner format..I suspect that may well be achieved within 18 months.
When I see the escalated tecnology in the last 18 months,  methinks it won't
take long.

Susan Steele