Re: [OM] Scanning Res for Web

Subject: Re: [OM] Scanning Res for Web
From: Denton Taylor <denton@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 17:21:16 -0500
Usually if I'm doing images for my web gallery I use 400 pixels on the long side. So I scan at 768 x 512, which gives me plenty of room for cropping and adjustment. I would like to use larger images, like 500-600ppi, but with so few having fast connections, I hesitate. Also the higher the res the greater the chance people will steal your images.

Then in pshop I save at the highest 'lo-quality' setting.

BTW there is a difference btw ppi and dpi. DPI has no relevance for viewing, only for output. It's only the amount of pixels you scan that has relevance.

If you happen to be using pshop 5.5, there is a utility that comes with it for web optimization. It's a separate program, ImageReady or some such. I took a look at it but it didn't seem to be worth the extra time.