Re: [OM] OM-2S and reciprocity failure

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2S and reciprocity failure
From: Morgan Sparks <msparks@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 12:20:07 -0500
Richard Ross wrote:

 The meter
> reading in manual at f3.5 was 0.5 sec approx, which equates to 8 sec at f16
> which was the taking aperture.  In auto, the camera opened the shutter for
> 24 sec, about 1.5 stops "over exposed".

One of the things that bothers me about my 2S is the sometimes big
discrepancy between the preview reading in AUTO and the actual length of
the exposure.  I could be getting bad preview readings only, since the
shutter seems always to open for the correct amount of time.

I've also developed a problem with the spot meter. . . . .it has become
mis-aligned along the vertical axis, maybe because of a wrongly oriented
spot sensor behind the mirror. Let's say you had a bright cross in the
viewfinder.  The spot meter would read the vertical piece fine as you
panned horizontally, but it is way off on the horizontal piece as you
pan vertically.  Wait. . . vertical pan, horizontal cr-. . .horizontal
pan, er,. . . .Hmmm. . . . Yeah, that's it!

Morgan Sparks