Re: [OM] 100mm

Subject: Re: [OM] 100mm
From: Steven_Read@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 18:44:51 -0500

If you're actually reading the lens it's also an indicator of relative age, the
lenses marked 1:2,8 are always higher serial number than the those marked f=2,8
(for the type of Zuiko lens).  If, however, you're reading a dealer add, it's
probably just dealer preference.

>Lou Riina wrote:
>>
>>What is the difference b/w zuiko 100mm F/2.8 and a 100 mm 1:2.8 are these
>>the same lenses they seem to come packaged with different add-ons.

To which Garth replied:

>The two alternate notations you used (F/2.8 and 1:2.8) are simply different but
equivalent ways of >referring to maximum aperture of the lens.  (There's a
redundant sentence if ever I wrote one!)