Re: [OM] OM-2S and reciprocity failure

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2S and reciprocity failure
From: Richard Ross <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 09:27:21 +0000
At 18:10 29/11/99 -0500, you wrote:
>> This latter problem could be the result of the infamous Dirty ASA Dial
>> Syndrome.  Try rotating the dial a few times and see if the display doesn't
>> show more predictable exposure values.
>
>Joel, I still don't get it. . . .wouldn't a faulty ASA dial cause the
>same error in both the preview reading and exposure timing?
>
>Morgan Sparks

Having been set firmly on ASA64 for years, the ASA dial on mine became
intermittent and would occasionally shoot into the over-exposed region.  If
it did that when I pressed the button, the result was a dark slide.  A few
twists of the dial effects a temporary cure.  The effect I noticed was
definitely reciprocity - exposure and indicated reading matched at 0.5 and
1.0 sec.

Cheers
Richard