Re: [OM] OM-2S and reciprocity failure

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2S and reciprocity failure
From: "C.H.Ling" <pling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 21:49:45 +0800
There was a thread around half year ago talking about the OM4Ti problem I have.
I also had a OM2sp it possess exactly the same problem as yours. The exposure
time increases exponentially starting at 1/8s and below. I had sold it to the
used camera store several years ago. Since the OM service centre here quote me
$120 for the repair, it was almost the price I bought the 2sp so I decided to
sell it.

Two years ago I found my OM4Ti have the same problem, but to a less degree, it
double below 1/15s around 3 times below 2s. Don't ask me about the battery I
used or was there film inside. I have a perfect OM4 without any of this problem,
also the two OM2n that I had also without this problem. It is certainly the
problem of design or manufacturing, where some components may degrade with time.
I have took my 4Ti to OM service centre here and the technician in charge (over
15 years working there) just said it was good under his test equipment and he
took me another 4Ti (his own one) and I had tried it has the same problem as
mine. So now I will only use the 4Ti at spot or manual mode.

C.H.Ling