Re: [OM] OM-2S and reciprocity failure

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2S and reciprocity failure
From: Ken Norton <image66@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 10:40:41 -0600
>Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2S and reciprocity failure
>
>At 06:10 PM 11/29/1999 -0500, you wrote:
>>Joel, I still don't get it. . . .wouldn't a faulty ASA dial cause the
>>same error in both the preview reading and exposure timing?

I'm thinking that the 1 stop variance that you are experiencing may be
caused by the film reflectance, itself.  Also, there is differences in the
"averaging pattern" of the pre-exposure "guestimate" using the submirror
and of OTF pattern.

With various types of film, I too get variations in the 1-1.5 stop area,
but usually find that the OTF exposure is the more accurate than what the
viewfinder shows.  (Again, different patterns).

Ken Norton