Re: [OM] : RE OM POLARISER FILTER.

Subject: Re: [OM] : RE OM POLARISER FILTER.
From: Richard Schaetzl <Richard.Schaetzl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 1999 18:31:45 +0100
Jim schrieb:

> The price for 49mm OM polariser filter is at about US60, wondering is there
> any special quality compared to other makes which is at a much more lower
> price?

They are much thiner than most polarizer. There are equal thin polarizer
made by other manufactors (at comparable prices), but these lack an
front thread the Olympus polarizer has. It is possible to use the
polarizer with the Olympus lens shades, something you are not able to do
with any other polarizer and wide angle lenses.

I would take the Olympus ones, especialy because they are still
moderatly priced. In Germany Olympus charges more than the double for
this filters, if you are able to find someone willing to sell one.

I have to thank one listmember providing me with this desireable filters.

Regards

Richard