Re: [OM] Just got my OM2

Subject: Re: [OM] Just got my OM2
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 22:33:48 +0000
Absolutely, just use the B setting on the shutter ring and use a locking
cable release.

The B setting manually holds the shutter open for as long as the shutter
release button is pressed.  In the centre of the button is a threaded hole
into which you can screw the end of a cable release.  When you press the
plunger on the other end of the cable, a pin comes out the other end and
trips the shutter.  There is usually a small  knurled screw on the plunger
end which can be tightened to lock the plunger in the down position.

The shutter will stay open until you release the screw on the cable
release.  Be careful to only press the plunger down enough to trip the
shutter and not try and force it down as far as it will go or you could
damage the camera.

Perhaps someone will do you a swap for an Om-1.  The OM-2 is
quite desirable as it is capable of the longest auto exposures of any
OM and any SLR I know of.  At least 20 minuets or so if I recall
correctly.

Giles