Re: [OM] Ebay

Subject: Re: [OM] Ebay
From: Denton Taylor <denton@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 1999 19:21:35 -0500
At 01:36 PM 12/1/99 -0800, you wrote:
And I do shop at eBay when there's a bargain to be had. I do understand how
it's supposed to work and I'm not whining so quitcher bitchin.  I am trying
to understand what the heck Dirk is doing.

He's probably just trying to get the items he is interested in following on his My Ebay page, so he doesn't have to bookmark or search for all the items every day.

Personally, I don't think this drives up the price at all. It's the same thing everyone does to get on the map. Either you hope to get a real bargain (rare but not impossible) or you get really serious and spend the last 5 mins furiously bidding.

Yes it does have its risks. I have a rather expensive piece of large format equipment staring at me cuz I didn't really research what it was worth and bid over the reserve--accidentally. But I bought it just like I was supposed to. And no other bidders, annoyed by my shill tactics, contacted me and offered to take it off my hands :-)

Regards,
Denton Taylor

Photogallery at www.dentontaylor.com.
Panoramas and Immersive Imaging at