Re: [OM] Ebay

Subject: Re: [OM] Ebay
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 20:38:30 EST
Folks . . . if the seller of that $3,000+ outfit was smarter, he or she would
have started the bidding lower to allow for the common practice of
"place-holder  bidding."  There is nothing unethical about this common
practice.  EBay has failed to provide us with an easy way to track auctions
of interest.  Without that, we are forced to enter the bidding with a small
bid so that it appears on one's My eBay" list of items we are bidding on.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV