Re: [OM] OM-2S and reciprocity failure

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2S and reciprocity failure
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 20:48:29 EST
Ian writes:

<< That's weird - how does the OTF system know what compensation to give
for different reflectance films? >>

Surprise, it doesn't!  What has been shown to have been a safe assumption in
the 1970's (low variation in film reflectance) is now an incorrect assumption
due to evolution of films and resulting high variation in film reflectance.
Manufacturers never set or adhered to a standard.  I guess that is the
trade-off to having healthy competition in the film making industry.

Keepler is doing a 2 part series on how technological innovations in cameras
have led to problems.  This is one he overlooked.  But we've been keen to
that problem here on the List for over a year.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV