[OM] Operating the OM2 when "Off"

Subject: [OM] Operating the OM2 when "Off"
From: HI100@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 23:57:12 EST
To Olympus Lovers,
    When checking the OM2 circuit diagrams a while ago, it occurred to me
that by changing the value of one resistor you could make the range of auto
timing values much more convenient for shots when you don't have time (or
forget) to switch the camera power switch on. Normally the camera functions
as if it were switched to auto but the longest exposure time is rather
limited (off the top of my head to something like 1/60). In fact at the
limiting longest time the exposure is also innaccurate because of the way the
limiter works. By extending the longest time to say 1/4 sec the more common
exposures would be more accurate and a little more range of exposure would be
available. Can anybody think why Olympus chose such a short time limit? There
does not seem to be any downside to extending the range of times. I often
forget to switch on after using one of my other cameras that does not require
switch on.

Thoughtful comments appreciated, before I modify one of my cameras

Tim Hughes
Hi100@xxxxxxx