Re: [OM] Ebay tactics

Subject: Re: [OM] Ebay tactics
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 07:18:23 EST
I too, resisted commenting since I've accidentally enetered a few flame wars
in the past, and have been burned in the cross-fire a bit,  but.....I didn't
think the original poster stated he would not honor his bid if he was the
high bidder. I think he meant that he just wanted to be able to track
something. You can track the item you bid on by going to the eBay search page
and selecting the search criteria "by Bidder" and enter your own eBay name.
For the life of the auction you can see the item number, the start date and
ending date/time, item description, CURRENT bid price and high bidder's name.
So, you can bid $0.02 on that $3000 Olympus outfit, (unless there's a higher
minimum bid required), be outbid 35 times, and still be able to pull up that
auction fairly quickly to track it. And like the other posters have said, if
you really care about an item, make the time to be at the auction during its
final 15 minutes.
So there's no harm in bidding on things you don't want, as long as you pay
for it if you "win" it.
And I hope you'll honor that $0.02 bid if you should be the high bidder!