Re: [OM] OM1n shutterspeed ring jam and lens won't mount

Subject: Re: [OM] OM1n shutterspeed ring jam and lens won't mount
From: "Dirk Wright" <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 1999 08:46:14 Set the time zone in the Time preference utility

>What could have happend? Time to send in to Dr. Hermanson looks like
:(
>Please say it's a minor and temporary affliction! :-(

The lens mounting flange is probably bent and needs to be replaced.
Assuming that the three screws that hold it in place are not damaged,
or rather that the threads in the camera body are still ok, then it's a
simple matter of replacing the flange. I would buy a new flange and new
screws just in case one/some of them are bent also. I can tell if this
is going to be easy by paying attention when you remove the three
screws. If they come out easy, then everything's cool. If they are
stuck or really hard to turn, then you're in trouble and better send it
off to John H.

Be seeing you.

Dirk Wright