RE: [OM] Zuikoholism

Subject: RE: [OM] Zuikoholism
From: Dave Bulger <dbulger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 07:59:28 -0600
David,

Yeah, weekly meetings are the only things that are gonna help you, but only
because the time spent in the meeting is time away from searching & buying
OM stuff!

Re further acquisitions, there are several ways to acquire good stuff.
 Fellow listees here are the best if they have & want to sell what you're
looking for.  They know the equipment and it's worth, generally won't sell
you bad stuff because they didn't know that fungus in a lens is bad, are
honest in my experience, etc.  The eBay auction site can be good, but I
personally a) know what the item is worth before getting into bidding wars,
and b) contact the seller with enough questions to determine if he knows
what he's selling and can honestly evaluate it.  Paul
(http://www.olympusguy.com) has been pretty good in my experience -- honest
about the condition of the equipment, quick to ship, reasonable prices.
 The larger mail order stores (B&H, Cameta) seem to have a good selection,
albeit somewhat higher priced.

When I decide I have to have a particular item, I'll generally ask the list
first, eBay second, the OlympusGuy third, and the big photo houses last.

BTW -- don't think that the disease will stop when you get the bodies and
lenses you want.  It doesn't, as I can currently testify.  At first I was
happy simply getting the lenses I wanted, and I did so.  Now I want them
faster (I'm currently trying to get rid of my 100/2.8 and get a 100/2),
bigger, and fuel injected!

Dave

On Thursday, December 02, 1999 5:42 AM, david cochran
[SMTP:cochran@xxxxxxxxxx] wrote:
> Hi Dave:
>
>     Yes it seems that I am in trouble...Hi, My name is David and I am a
> Zuikoholic..:-|
>
> I want to get more lenses and I read the lists from the NY area
photostores (here
> in PR you cant find used cameras at fair prices)and to tell you the truth
I get