Re: [OM] OM2, t32 problems

Subject: Re: [OM] OM2, t32 problems
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 12:05:25 -0800
I have been using the OM2 and T-32 for some time.
Here is what I have found.
On direct flash with the camera on auto and the back panel on
OM2 control the flash will fire and the shutter closes right away.
The sufficient flash blinks when proper exposure is achieved.
On regular auto (panel turned over camera on manual) the shutter
will stay open for as long as the shutter speed dial is set for.
This is needed to mix ambient exposure to the flash exposure.
Bouncing the T-32 on auto with 100 or 200 speed film is dicey.
Often sufficient exposure is not met and the shutter will stay open
to add enough ambient light to finish the exposure.
F-8 is too small a stop to use for bounce flash.  F4 or larger is
recommended (by me).
Remember also that the T series flashes synch automatically to the
shutter with the OM2n and later bodies not with the OM2.
You need to set the shutter speed manually to 1/60 or slower.
Also how are you connecting a shoe 3 to the flash?
You would need a duo synch cord (rare) or use an auto connector 3
instead of a shoe 3.
If any of this does not jive or I am incorrect about any of it,
please let me know.
Other wise, I hope it helps with your question.

Charlie L.

=====That done, I thought I'd add the powergrip and the flash to the mix. I
have found that the shutter will open for a longer time than one would
expect during a flash exposure. So, if under low light conditions ( <1/8
sec. @ f/8, by the auto meter, asa set @200) I try to use bounce flash,
or close down smaller than f/8, on exposure the flash goes off after the
shutter opens, then the shutter stays open for whatever amount of time
(I suppose) would be required for an ambient light exposure. The recycle
time varies, too. As if the proper flash duration was "applied," but the
camera was unaware.

I have the ttl cord hooked up to the type3 shoe on the camera, and to
the pg2 connector (I tried it with the cord hooked to the t32 directly-
no difference.).=======