Re: [OM] how to avoid drop shadow in close-up flash photos?

Subject: Re: [OM] how to avoid drop shadow in close-up flash photos?
From: Acer V <siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 22:51:52 -0800 (PST)
>>>Acer,

I'm curious about the same thing. Did you try sliding the camera up the
slot as high as possible (i.e., as close to the flash as possible)?  I
suspect the BG2 will not be the equal of a Stroboframe rig for verticals
(although I'd love to hear otherwise).<<<

Sorry if I wasn't clear at start: bounce was done by tilting the head of
the T32; no bounce grips or power grips or anything else
involved--straight T32 mounted on OM1n via Shoe4. Tilt head up 45deg, open
up three stops, and bingo[1]. No card, no diffuser[2]. That was landscape
format. In portrait format, I couldn't "bounce" off anything, so had to go
direct flash, which caused a drop shadow to the right if I was close the
the subject and/or subject was close to a wall.

/AV
--
webpage under re-organization; "We apologize for the inconvenience" -Adams

[1] Actually, I opened up the lens only 2 stops, but increased flash +1
stop on the normal-auto range, effective +3.

[2] In hindsight, a card would have been good for a catch-light.