[OM] Wide angle lenses & vignetting

Subject: [OM] Wide angle lenses & vignetting
From: Dave Bulger <dbulger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 08:59:47 -0600
Zuiks,

Please help me save some money!

When I use my Zuiko 24/2.8 with a regular circular polarizer and a generic
WA lens shade, it vignettes regardless of the aperture.  I had decided to
get one of the low profile polarizers (one w/o front threads), but I've
purchased a 19/3.8 and a 300/4.5 recently and I'm getting ready to get a
100/2 (which I presume uses 55mm filters) and really, really don't want to
purchase 4 new polarizers -- 49, 55, 62 & 72 -mm!

If I throw away the lens shade, buy a 72mm polarizer and use a step-up
ring, will the 19mm vignette?  I got a cheap 72mm polarizer from the
OlympusGuy for my 300 that isn't marked as to linear or circular, but for
the price I've got to assume it's linear.  Is there any way to check short
of underexposing film?

Thanks,

Dave

BTW:  Curious -- I sent this same post yesterday (Thursday) at noon and
never saw that it made it to the list.  If you're the recipient of multiple
copies, my apologies.  -D