Re: [OM] "perfect" film for OM2n??

Subject: Re: [OM] "perfect" film for OM2n??
From: Richard Schaetzl <Richard.Schaetzl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 1999 18:04:08 +0100
imagineero . schrieb:

> >Gary Reese commented a while back about the variance in reflectance in
> >different film brands. I don't recall if there was one film that was
> >exactly correct for the exposure system of the OM2n?
>
> I am not 100ure, but I believe that no conclusive results were drawn.  I
> remember a few people tested a couple of different types of film,

I´ve posted sometimes ago an chart made by Hasselblad.
With introducing of TTL flashmetering into there camera bodies they
measured
common films of that time:

Film                    Sensitivity     Seting to compensate the
                                        relative film base reflectivity

Agfachrome RS 100       100             100
Agfachrome RS 1000      1000            1000
Agfachrome RS 200       200             200
Agfachrome RS 50        50              64
Fujichrome RDP          100             100
Fujichrome RFP          50              64
Kodak Ektachrome 100    100             100
Kodak Ektachrome 100+   100             100
Kodak Ektachrome 200    200             200
Kodak Ektachrome 64     64              64
Kodak Ektachrome 400    400             320
Kodak Kodachrome 64     64              50

Agfacolor XRS 400       400             320
Agfacolor XRS 200       200             160
Agfacolor XRS 1000      1000            640
Agfacolor XRS 100       100             100
Agfapan 100             100             80
Agfapan 25              25              16
Agfapan 400             400             250
Fuyicolor 160 NSP       160             125
Fuyicolor HR 100        100             100
Fuyicolor HR 400        400             320
Ilford FP-4             125             80
Ilford HP-5             400             250
Ilford Pan-F            50              32
Ilford XP-1             400             250
Kodak Ektacolor Gold    160             125
Kodak Kodacolor Gold    200             160
Kodak Plus-X Pan        125             100
Kodak TMAX 100          100             64
Kodak TMAX 400          400             250
Kodak Technical Pan     25              16
Kodak Tri-X Pan         400             250
Kodak Tri-X Prof.       320             200
Kodak Vericolor Prof.   400             320
Kodak Vericolor III     160             100
Kodak Vericolor HC      100             80

As we see most slide films will be very close to standard reflecctivity,
while print film often neeeds  an compensation towards the plus side,
which is less critical with print film, because of their wider latitude.

I asume, with TTL flash metering more common today, that film
reflectivity is today even more close to 18tandard reflectivity.

Regards

Richard