Re: [OM] Re: OM TTL connector

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: OM TTL connector
From: Frank van Lindert <franklin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 1999 11:09:43 +0100
Cc: catsmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
The easiest and cheapest thing to do if you do not want to buy a
multiconnector is making the latter (and two cables!) redundant:

Take two 5 meter TTL-cords, and cut them each in two (in a sensible
way re lengths). Solder all same color leads of the 4 ends together
and you have made your own cable set with built-in multiconnector.

All female plugs will connect to anything of the T-system - nothing
can go wrong. Of course you could take more cords to make it
'poly-multi'....

I have done this long ago before I owned a multiconnector, cutting
both 5 meter cables in 0.3 m and 4.7 meter pieces. One of the shorter
ends goes to the camera, the other to the bounce grip and both long
ends are free to connect a second and a third flash at distance.
I used solder strips for the connections, and built them into a small
box which I filled up with epoxy. It has done its job for years...

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht NL.