[OM] My sick OM-1

Subject: [OM] My sick OM-1
From: Dave Bulger <dbulger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 07:49:33 -0600
Zuiks,

Arrgh!  My beloved OM-1n is sick!

The symptom is that the meter in the camera doesn't notice aperture changes
on the lens.  This is intermittent.

It appears that the ring in the lens mount that the aperture tab on the
lens moves sticks in the wide-open position.  If I touch it lightly, the
spring pops it back, where it acts normally for a while.  If I open the
lens fully, the body ring apparently sticks there about 300f the time.

The ring appears to move freely against the spring pressure.  It only
sticks when it's full open (i.e. at the top of it's travel).

Is this a self-repair or do I need to send it to Dr. John for a CLA?  I've
got some 10W-30 here...

TIA!

Dave