Re: [OM] Attachments - (was - possible virus heads up in msg)

Subject: Re: [OM] Attachments - (was - possible virus heads up in msg)
From: Joey Richards <bigjoe@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 1999 19:09:22 -0500
I don't know if it's list protocol, but I think it's good
net etiquette not to send attachments to wide-circulation
lists not specifically intended for such things.  If you
have an image you'd like to put up, but don't have access
to a web server, there are several web services that will
give you a few megabytes of free web space.  Photo.net
(http://photo.net) will provide you with a free account
and let you store photographs for sharing, I believe.

Going this route, people only generate network traffic if
they are interested in seeing the images, rather than sending
images to people who are just going to delete it.  Plus,
many on this list and in the net world have limited inbox
space, and this list generates enough text traffic as it is.

:-)

OM Content: I just developed my first roll of film through
the 28/2.8 that I got from lister Glen Lowry... I haven't
printed anything yet, but the negs (on tri-x exposed at
800ASA) look nice :-)  A very nice addition to the 50/1.4
I've been using.  I'm going to be spending the next couple
weeks in Seattle, and I hope to burn through a lot of film.

joey