[OM] OM4 servicing in 4 weeks

Subject: [OM] OM4 servicing in 4 weeks
From: JEZ.CUNNINGHAM@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 15:17:14 +0100
Just to add to the collective knowledge, I'll tell you that I just sent my
OM4 for a standard service here in Belgium.  It's about 15 years old and
it's the first time I've had it serviced - there was nothing broken except
that I asked specifically for a renewal of the light-proofing foam which
was just starting to become crumbly and sticky.

I dropped it off at my local shop on 23 Oct who forwarded it to Beukelaer
(sp?) - the Oly agent in Antwerp.  It was returned on Nov 30 for a fixed
price of about 5300 Belgian francs (I'm relying on memory here but it's as
close as makes no difference) - about $130 - plus a trivial handling charge
(about $6) for the shop.  All sounds pretty fair to me (and faster than
Dallas!)

It's clear the foam has all been replaced but there's probably not a whole
lot of other signs that it's been worked on.  I've just dropped off the
first film for processing, so let's hope it comes out ok!

best regds
Jez