Re: [OM] ZUIKO = multicoated??

Subject: Re: [OM] ZUIKO = multicoated??
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 11:27:56 EST
In a message dated 12/6/99 3:21:57 PM Eastern Standard Time,
alain.duquet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> In my mind, ZUIKO is the last appellation
>  and always multicoated.
>  But I've seen a ZUIKO MC
>  with a serial number of 161 XXX,
>  logically fabricated after my 50mm 3.5 macro
>  marked ZUIKO with a serial number of 111 XXX

The data I have on the coatings of the 50/3.5 indicate that all were
multicoated, and were marked MC up until around S/N 200xxx. I know of a
101xxx which is marked MC and a 160xxx also marked MC. I don't know of any
others between those two.

I'm not sure if this helps, but there you are.

Paul Schings

P.S. If anyone wants to send me data to add to teh coatings list, I'm always
willing to update it. I need to know which lens, whether it is a chrome nose
or black nose, the markings on the front ring, the serial number, and whether
it is MC or SC. In general, green reflections (sometimes hard to see!)
indicate an MC lens.