Re: [OM] got my winder!

Subject: Re: [OM] got my winder!
From: Chip Stratton <chipstrat@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 11:54:24 -0800 (PST)

> and a 24/2.8 in the near future. I think 35mm is
> about as wide as you
> can go and still use a polarizer without wierd
> effects? I want to
> maximize my use of my 49mm filter collection. I

Hi Dirk -

I've used a regular Hoya HMC (not the thin SMC)
polarizer on my 24mm/2.8 without vignetting, but not
with the lens hood.

I know, I should always use a hood, but I will say
that very few shots seemed to suffer its absence on a
trip to the Colorado mining belt. Of course, shooting
Velvia at those altitudes you can usually use a bit
less contrast....

Chip Stratton
cstrat@xxxxxxxxx