[OM] Filter Questions!!?!

Subject: [OM] Filter Questions!!?!
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 07:33:08 EST
Jim M. writes:

<< But do these filters, no matter how prestine, detract from the image
quality? What do you pros do? Do you shoot without Skylight, UV, etc.
filters? >>

The List archives are full of arguments pro and con.  That is why I decided
to do  a 50mm f/1.4 lens test with what looks like a nice Vivitar VMC filter,
but turns out to be an image killer.

I'm planning on looking at my large accumulated collection of used Skylight
and Haze filters and tossing out the collimeter tested rejects.  I predict
the resulting reject rate will be higher than is comfortable for anyone who
is in the "I've always used them" camp.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV