Re: [OM] Filter Questions!!?!

Subject: Re: [OM] Filter Questions!!?!
From: "Dirk Wright" <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 1999 10:25:30 Set the time zone in the Time preference utility
>At 02:47 12/8/99 , you wrote:

>Answer:  Yes.  Any additional glass and additional air-glass
interfaces
>between subject and film plane takes something out of the light
>transmission (reducing contrast).  It also increases risk of flare
>particularly with backlit subjects, shooting into the sun or shooting
into
>a bright light source (or the reflection of one).

I read a new-to-me approach to filters: get a gel or polyester filter
and cut it and tape it over the rear shutter opening. This is
particularly good for deep red IR filters: http://www.a1.nl/phomepag/
markerink/btfr_fil.htm

The downside obviously is that you have to use the same filter for the
whole roll, and I don't know the flare and image degradation qualities
of gel and polyester filters and compared to glass.

Be seeing you.

Dirk Wright