Re: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #1285

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #1285
From: Motor Sport Visions Photography <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 1999 16:12:13 -0800
In a message dated 12/9/1999 "Dirk Wright" <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

<< I shot a horse race with my wife a few months ago and all the regular
press pros had N*k*n F5's with 300mm f/2.8 or bigger lenses. One had a
gitzo monopod for her 400mm f/2.8 lens! >>

At car races I seldom (if ever) see tripods. I own a gitzo monopod and
on occasion have even used it, but most of the time it gathers dust ;-)
(I typically shoot at 300mm or under.) It is common at car races to see
folks shooting with lenses as large as a 600mm with nothing but a
monopod. Now the rage seems to be the c*n*n IS lenses...now that's
really "cheating" (but then again I just took a one-day photoshop
seminar yesterday...talk about ways to cheat!) It's starting to become a
source of personal pride that I get shoot and get good results without
the crutches of AF, IS, and who knows what all other whiz-bang
inovations we OM loyalists "suffer" from not having ;-)

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
www.motorsportvisions.com