Re: [OM] 65-200/4 + others

Subject: Re: [OM] 65-200/4 + others
From: GMA <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 12:17:47 -0800

Ulf Westerberg wrote:

> joseph@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> >the 100-200/5, in addition to being a mediocre lens, suffers from terrible
> >zoom creep-- the zoom ring will move when the lens is pointed up at a
> >45 degree angle.  both the 200/5 and 100-200/5 were designed as
> >amateur-oriented lenses
>
> Haven't used any of these myself, but the 100-200/5 was tested in a swedish
> photomagazine in the 80-s and was considered the best of all tested, it
> outperformed the Nikons, Canon's etc. Summary was "This lens delivers
> absolutely firstclass results". On a 1-5 scale it was something like 4.8.
> Drawbacks were slow-speed and 2.4 meter close-focus.

Right, Ulf I agree.  And there'll be a test result of the 100-200/5
Zuiko done at 150mm using 4T self timer on Gary's test page soon and I
think it'll show some better grades than what are there now (from tests
with OM-1)

I've not used my copy too often, but I took a hyper-focussed shot with
it that enlarges very nicely to 16x20 on Cibachrome.  Have sold many
copies of it.  I think it's a fine lens.

George