RE: [OM] What's the market like for a Zuiko 16mm 3.5?

Subject: RE: [OM] What's the market like for a Zuiko 16mm 3.5?
From: "BJ Nicholls" <bjnicholls@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 18:08:33 -0700
Garth, GMA,

Okay, here's the detail on the fisheye. I bought it used long ago at a local
camera shop. Whoever owned it before put one hairline scratch on the front
glass that's about 6mm long near the center and a few fine tiny scratches on
the center that I need a loupe to see. I bought the lens on the contingency
that I could shoot a roll of film and inspect the results with a right of
return. The lens performs flawlessly for me, but I'd offer a serious buyer
the same deal. The lens is great mechanically, the aperture ring and
knurling on the aperture dial so some wear of the anodizing. The lens cap is
in good condition with some moderate signs of wear. I added a strip of
velour to the inside rim of the cap to give it better grip on the lens. I
have the original leather hard case which is missing the metal lens type
label, but is otherwise in good condition. If anyone is interested, I can
send a couple of digicam snapshots.

>From what I've gleaned from the used ads and Paul Farrar's site, the lens
goes used for between $645 and $700. I'd consider a $600 offer here before
resorting to eBay.

Thanks for your interest and advice,

BJ