[OM] Olympus AF lenses for OM-77/707-Ritz Camera

Subject: [OM] Olympus AF lenses for OM-77/707-Ritz Camera
From: Phillip Franklin <pfranklin@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1999 02:22:15 -0800
Paul and others,

Look closely at those Ritz inventories when you stumble onto a Ritz
store (especially in  a small town).  From time to time Ritz buys up all
of the OM class 2 goods from the inventories.  Back in 1993 I got me
some basically new stuff there (i.e. a 20mm/2.0 Macro for $199 which was
only missing the original box)  If I was smart and had some extra cash I
cold got stuff like a 100mm/2.0 for $269.00 or a 180mm/2.8 for
$399.00.   I still have the old price list from their big Outlet sale in
Fall of 1993.  Oh for you shift lens fans they had some 24mm/3.5 Shift
lenses for $339.00. Everything I saw at the San Diego store in 1993
looked as new to me.  Mostly missing original boxes but full one year
warranties.  It was also some gray market merchandise they forced big
dealers to sell back to them.  This is why our European Zukioholics
can't find much stuff.  I got a brand new 50mm /1.8 MC w serial number
on the metal($19.00) and a brand new MC 50mm/1.4 for $69.95 in new boxes
with all Japanessee bar codes and instruction sets and even yen price
stickers on the boxes.  I also got a genuine OM Copy Stand with the cool
Light Set for about $200.00. (also all Japanesse packaging) Does anyone
have one of these? So check the back rooms of those Ritz stores ... you
never know.  I never thought the prices of this gear would have risen to
what it is now.  Back in '93 I thought I was the only one still into
it.  In the early 90's camera stores in the San Diego area would call me
up and beg me to take this stuff after it set in there stores forever.
I got laid off from Xerox back then and was lucky to afford food. So I
guess in the next depression we'll see those 35-80/2.8 Zooms at about
$299.00?

Phillip Franklin