[OM] Is the 2-4 screen the right one for me?

Subject: [OM] Is the 2-4 screen the right one for me?
From: "Per Nordenberg" <per.nordenberg@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1999 12:20:21 +0100
Hi all

Not having a very good medium range zoom (only an old silverfronted
75-150/4) I mostly use my OM-2SP in super tele photography with my Sigma
600/8 mirror lens. I have trouble sometimes to focus however because the
central split-image rangefinder darkens, in spite of the fact that I use a
bright 2-13 screen. This is especially troublesome in this kind of
photography since the subject often just fills the central focussing aids.
Would a 2-4 screen without central focussing aids be the answer for me?
According to the The Unofficial Olympus OM Sales Information File at
http://www.veluwen.demon.nl/om-sif/findergroup/focusingscreens.htm the 2-4
screen is suitable for super telephotography, while the 2-13 screen is
suitable for normal photography. I only hope that the 2#-series screens
still can be bought for the same price as the 1#-series from Olympus Sweden.
I imagine it will take a few minutes though to convince the man at the photo
store that there really is a thing as a 2#-series Oly focusing screen.
:)

Per Nordenberg
Zoo keeper at Kolmården, Sweden

--.
To look into the eyes of the wolf is to look into ones' soul.