Re: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #1285

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #1285
From: lclark@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 14:17:00 -0500
In <Pine.LNX.4.10.9912090152060.10131-100000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, on
12/09/99 at 02:15 AM,
   Joseph <joseph@xxxxxxxxxxx> said:

>neither the 100-200/5 nor the 200/5 can match the 200/4 in image
>quality (I've owned all three lenses in the past), and the 200/4 is
>pretty good, but no match for the 200/4 AIS-Nikkor.

>...both the 200/5 and 100-200/5 were designed as amateur-oriented
>lenses.  They aren't very sharp wide open, and wide open is already
>a slow f/5.

Absent the comparison with the Nikkor, I think you're going to get an
argument with 200/5 owners. I have found the images it yields quite
crisp; indeed, with an almost three-dimensional quality that I've found
is characteristic of really superior quality. We should all enjoy such
"amateur" quality!

les clark / edgewater, new jersey / usa