RE: [OM] Is the 2-4 screen the right one for me?

Subject: RE: [OM] Is the 2-4 screen the right one for me?
From: "Brian P. Huber" <bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 23:14:14 -0500
Per,
If you use the extreme example (a 1-3 screen) you can more easily see what
happens.  Use a long lens and stop it down if it isn't at 5.6 or smaller
aperture.  You'll see that a good picture of the image will be able to be
seen in 1/2 of the split prism.

Again, it is not great, but the difference between that image and the one on
the ground glass is usually sufficient to determine focus.  I repeat, this
is not something I would try to do on a regular basis, but focus can be
determined this way.

Brian P. Huber

Troy, OH
bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx

Brian P. Huber wrote:

> When using the 1-13, or the 1-3, try using just 1/2 of the split image.
> Sometimes it can give a clear image of the object you are trying to focus.
> If that's all you've got, it can be rather satisfactory.
Per replied:
I'm not sure exactly what you mean here Brian. I used these before and not
found them very suitable with my Sigma 600/8. How can one focus with only
1/2 of the split image? Isn't both halves needed so that focus can be
obtained by aligning them?