[OM] Basketball strategy

Subject: [OM] Basketball strategy
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 12:23:27 -0600 (CST)
To date, my sports work has always been outdoors, and flash wasn't an
option, so I've focused my efforts on available light techniques,
positioning, spot metering, and high speed film. Likewise, my indoor
concert work has been a no-flash affair.

However, I've now picked up a high school basketball assignment which
puts me  in the position being able to use flash if I want.

Given that I'l be shooting in poorly lit gymnasiums, would I be
better off to shoot 1/250-1/500 with available light (I don't think
Super FP will be an option at the distances I'll be shooting), or
stick my 283 on my 4T and let the flash freeze action at 1/60?

BBB
-
B.B. Bean - Have horn, will travel
bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx