[OM] Old product support

Subject: [OM] Old product support
From: Kurt Hurley <khurley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 11:07:44 -0800
John H,

Yes I've heard of a super telephoto Nikkor ED AIS which a customer couldn't
get replacement internal felt liner focusing for. Since its an "old " lens
Nikon doesn't have any spares.

On the other hand, I can't seem to get the 49-72mm stepping ring for my
Zuiko 18/3.5 from Olympus America.

As a marketing professional  who has driven product obsolescence
personally, I can simply say its matter of economics...supporting old
inventory/products is unbelievably expensive.

At 11:55 AM 12/13/99 -0500, you wrote:
>I've heard complaints from owners of not so old Nikon stuff.  It seems Nikon
>will only support  discontinued models for about 7 years.  Has anyone heard
>otherwise?
>
>John
>Camtech, Olympus Service since 1977.
>21 South La.  Huntington NY 11743
>631-424-2121 http://www.zuiko.com
>Free Olympus Manuals: 1-800-221-3000

Kurt Hurley IDS 2000 Product Marketing Manager
Schlumberger T&T - Diagnostic Systems
1601 Technology Drive San Jose CA 95110
email khurley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
PH 408-437-5156  FAX 408-437-9031 PG 408-699-4587