[OM] Zip drive repair?

Subject: [OM] Zip drive repair?
From: "David L. Duff" <duffdl@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 15:36:26 -0800
Hello Zuik's,
  Has anyone ever had an external Zip drive repaired? I have a couple
parallel versions that are exhibiting the "click of death", and are not
functioning. I've seen recently refurbished units selling for US$59.99
and was wondering if repair or replacement would be the better route?
  They sure are great for storing all those scanned Olympus photos! (I
had to say that so I wouldn't appear too off-topic).
Thanks for any help you might send my way, David Duff, OR City, OR, USA.