RE: [OM] Scanning test images and Think twice if you like the 16mm focal

Subject: RE: [OM] Scanning test images and Think twice if you like the 16mm focal length
From: "BJ Nicholls" <bjnicholls@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 23:50:58 -0700
Kent,

In my estimation, the most incredible deal going in quality scans is Kodak
Photo CD. At not much more than a buck an image, the high res for a given
image compares quite well to most drum scans that I've paid $30 apiece for.
If you have a large number of images to digitize, it's by far the best
cost/performance you can get (IMHO). The images I posted at my 16mm page are
all from Photo CD I have made with 80 images. I brought them into Photoshop
at 769x512 (mid) resolution and downsampled to make thumbnails. As long as
you select the right film type source and target (I use srgb for web
images), the color is excellent.

Best,

BJ