Re: [OM] 200/5...just ONE bad apple?

Subject: Re: [OM] 200/5...just ONE bad apple?
From: lclark@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 16:28:53 -0500
In <199912140030.QAA01148@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, on 12/13/99 at
03:29 PM,
   Kurt Hurley <khurley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:

>By way of anecdote.......Out of 20 or so excellent Zuikos, I had a
>35/2.8 Zuiko which was an under performer. I got another example and it
>performed much better.

Similarly, I can report that I foolishly once used a new, just-bought 24
mm f/2.8 Zuiko to make a lot of photographs at an international
conference. I found out only after the pictures were processed that the
lens was decentered. Woodbury fixed it up fine. But an occasional
slip-up will occur, no matter the manufacturer.

The lesson we've learned today, children, is that we will all test our
equipment at leisure so that we can use it at speed.

les clark / edgewater, new jersey / usa