Re: [OM] Sigma 16mm... -Reply

Subject: Re: [OM] Sigma 16mm... -Reply
From: Scott Nelson <SNelson@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 14:41:26 -0500
Hmmm, I never heard of the Sigma Fisheye not mounting to the OM-4ti. I was
seriously considering the 16mm/2.8 filtermatic at one time but eventually bit
the bullet and got the Zuiko 16/3.5. I did buy a Tamron 28-200 Adaptall 2 that
would cause the mirror to lock up and not return until the lens was dismounted.
I was able to return it for one that worked right, so I guess incompatibilities
aren't unknown to me. I know there have been a umber of problems with third part
AF lens compatibility, but that's a much more complicated animal. And I can't
imagine WHY the users manual would recommend using only Zuikos, can you?

>>> Kurt Hurley <khurley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 12/14/99 09:15am >>>
William,

My OM4 Ti will not accept the SIgma OM mount 8mm f/4. The OM 4Ti users
manual recommends to only Zuiko lenses. I'm sure I could try some surgery
on the Sigma OM mount but haven't tried it. There's a few different
tolerances when I compare to the OEM mount. Maybe lock pin length? Don't
know about other independents.

At 10:09 AM 12/14/99 +0100, you wrote:

>Kurt Hurley wrote:
>-----
>>Warren,
>>
>>Thanks for the tip on the Sigma 16. I can believe its sharp . The 8mm Sigma
>>with OM mount I bought 12 years ago is an excellent performer, and was dirt
>>cheap to boot....but won't work on my OM4 Ti bodies. So I keep my OM1 for
>>that.
>-----
>
>What's wrong with the combination. I have not heard of any lens working
with one
>OM body while not working with the other, with the exception of Big glass and
>the double digit OM's
>(because of smaller mirror/protruding pentaprism?)
>

>Wiliam

Kurt Hurley IDS 2000 Product Marketing Manager
Schlumberger T&T - Diagnostic Systems
1601 Technology Drive San Jose CA 95110
email khurley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
PH 408-437-5156  FAX 408-437-9031 PG 408-699-4587