RE: [OM] Zip drive repair?

Subject: RE: [OM] Zip drive repair?
From: "BJ Nicholls" <bjnicholls@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 16:54:25 -0700
John,

Didn't your CDR include software, or are you looking for a dedicated
"backup" program? The Windows backup doesn't support many devices (no CD
burners that I know of) and the other software out there is problematic.
Seagate recently spun off its backup software (used to be Arcada and Sytos)
but I can't recall who the new company is. I've been using Adaptec Easy-CD
Creator... the latest version is very stable and reliable. Without a true
backup program, I just copy all my data files to disks regularly and
occasionally back up my system files (the ones that aren't in use when the
system is running). It's not nearly as convenient as my old Norton Backup,
but I end up with redundant files that let me go back to an old version
quickly. I used to back up on tapes and have learned to hate that medium...
slow, old tapes may not read properly. CD's are so cheap, I just spin a lot
of them. I have a DVD RAM drive that could mirror my whole system disk, but
there's no way to do a mirror of the disk that would have the runtime files
(that I know of).

And one on-topic question... do you carry the caps for the OM ttl body
connector?

Thanks,

BJ