[OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #1294

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #1294
From: Joseph <joseph@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 18:49:24 -0800 (PST)
As long as there is a thriving used market for OM equipment, the Oly platform
will be around for another 30 years. Buying used has its benifits. If I had to
sell out now, I would easily break even on my Oly equipment purchases.

I wouldn't count on it.  Prices of used OM gear have been falling in
the last couple of years, a trend that likely will continue.  30 years
is a long time.  Nonetheless, if you find OM equipment to meet your
needs better than some other brand, than there is no reason not to
use it.  There might be a few OM pieces that go collectible when
discontinued and increase in value, like the OM-3 and 40/2 did, but
most items will depreciate steadily after they are discontinued.

Joseph