Re: [OM] OM4T self timer and maximum time exposure question

Subject: Re: [OM] OM4T self timer and maximum time exposure question
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 08:58:13 EST
In a message dated 12/15/99 7:44:32 AM Eastern Standard Time,
mediadyne@xxxxxx writes:

> Now, I am trying to use it, but I cant figure it out. The example in the
> manual
>  is terrible.
>  Do I pull the 'thingy' out and to the left (as I am facing the camera) or
is
> it
>  push down?
>  I am afraid I will break it if I use too much pressure. it seems to only
> move
>  slightly and when i did that, the self timer wasnt engaged.

The self timer switch on the OM-4 serves 2 functions. When facing the front
of the camera, if you lift it up slightly and push it to the left this will
engage the self timer. Lifting it up and pushing it to the right turns off
teh various beeps (overexposure warning, lens removal, etc...)

It would be interesting to know, who keeps their beepers on and who keeps
them off on their OM-2S/OM-3/OM-4, and why. I find the beeps annoying, and
usually leave mine turned off.

Paul Schings