[OM] The Good, the Bad & the Ugly

Subject: [OM] The Good, the Bad & the Ugly
From: Dave Bulger <dbulger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 19:09:33 -0600
Zuiks,

The Good:  I received my shiny new (to me) Zuiko 100/2 lens today --
purchased from a listee.  It's big, heavy, beautiful, and you can get lost
staring into that wiiiiiide expanse of glass on the front.  When I put it
on my Beattie-equipped OM1n and twist, it snaps into focus so hard it
almost hurts.  Yesssss.  Further, I'm expecting a 24/2 tomorrow, also from
a listee.  Zuikoholism runs rampant...

The Bad: My planned vacation to southern Utah got formally cancelled today
due to some unexpected work requirements on my current contract.  Bad
because I'm disappointed, because I've been burning myself out for a month
getting ready to go, etc.  Those of you that have been really excited about
seeing photos of Zion & Bryce will just have to wait a bit longer. <g>

This postponement will give me more time to scan & play with my
film/scanner shots to determine what film is best for my scanner and my
tastes.  Is anyone here really interested in the results or the trannies
when I'm finished with 'em?  I didn't get too much response, and I'm
reluctant to put all of this on a web page if no one cares but me... <g>

The Ugly: Well, the self-portrait theme will come up in one of our
collective shoots soon.  <g>

Trapped in Austin, TX, USA,

Dave