[OM] oly (2nd) body advice needed

Subject: [OM] oly (2nd) body advice needed
From: Acer V <siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 23:08:23 -0800 (PST)
OK, here's the scenario: my first-love OM1n has given up the ghost from a
fall (as you know from my post a week or so back--oddly, no word from Dr.
John...am I killfiled that bad?).

I have "withdrawl" symptoms, depression etc. I /need/ my OM fix SOON to
survive.

This week I'll get my OM1n looked at, but something tells me it's BER.

Let's put a price cap of US$250 or so. What would  you do:

1. get another OM1n (top ones for ~200@OlyGuy)
2. get OM2k
3. get OM something else (say 2(n))

I'm leaning towards the 1(n) by a long shot because haven't handled the
OM2k, or any other body, and the 1 was so perfect and smooth it's hard to
imagine anything short of a Leica  matching that tactile feel. Then
there's the simple and uncluttered elegance. Hg cells are no prob--I have
a new one recently from G.Schloss sitting in a desk. TTL/OTF flash is not
a major concern given my affinity for natural light.
If I buy another body, I can get shooting immediately, and later get my
current 1n fixed if it's possible. At worst, I have one bod; at best, I
have two. One good thing about the 2k is the spot meter and multiple
exposure and timer MLU (ok, that's three things).

What words of wisdom will come my way? I should handle these in a shop,
but till then, any comments are welcome.

/AV
--
webpage under re-organization; "We apologize for the inconvenience" -Adams
PS, anyone with ideas as to what was the cause of death for the 1n?