Re: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #1295

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #1295
From: Richard Schaetzl <Richard.Schaetzl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 12:40:02 +0100
Joseph schrieb:

> I don't see either being heavily sought after by collectors. OM-1's are
> too plentiful.  In time, the supply of spare film transport parts for the OM-1
> will have dried up, and they'll all break and get relegated to the trash heap.

Isn´t that an contradiction?

When OM-1 are plentiful, than there will be plentiful spares (other
OM-1).

As for the life expectancy of the OM-1. It´s pretty well tested
technology, nothing exotic. Engineniers work on this technology since
the begin of this century. So one might expect a long life of this
cameras. There are working Leica cameras of the 30s and 40s around. I
see no reason why OM-1 shouldn´t be around in 20 or 30 years.

I like this beautiful little machines. See at an OM-1 as an Rolex at the
price of an Swatch.

Regards

Richard