Re: [OM] oly (2nd) body advice needed

Subject: Re: [OM] oly (2nd) body advice needed
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 15:55:04 -0500
Did this body suffer impact damage?  One good check for impact is to look at
the space between the edge of the bottom cover and where the front casting
with body mount sticks out.  There should be  an even space of about  0.5mm
from side to side.
In cases of bad impact, this space is high on one side, low on the other,
and you can SEE it.
Very bad impact will crack the front casting in the corner next to the self
timer lever, or along the other 90 degree corner on the side where the sync
socket is.

John
Camtech, Olympus Service since 1977.
21 South La.  Huntington NY 11743