RE: [OM] Ponderings about Full Synchro Flash

Subject: RE: [OM] Ponderings about Full Synchro Flash
From: "Per Nordenberg" <per.nordenberg@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 22:22:15 +0100
----- Original Message -----
From: Dirk Wright <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, December 16, 1999 10:43 AM

> The IS3 and IS30 have it.

This matter was discussed and solved several years ago on this list and I'm
sorry that I must emphasize it again, but as far as can be established by
the information available in various books and from camera info pages on the
net the US iS-3 model DO NOT HAVE super FP full synchro flash (only the
international model iS-3000). According to the books it is due to a patent
problem. You are correct however that the US model iS-30 do have super FP
flash. Apparently the super FP patent problem have been solved in one way or
the other, and it is not impossible that iS-3 will be modified with super
FP. Would be very interesting to hear about the experience from someone that
has bought a newbuilt iS-3 in the US recently...

> See the oly america web site.

There's even more info on this matter on Hans' iS page at
http://www.veluwen.demon.nl/om-sif/is-series/is-series.htm

Per Nordenberg
Zoo keeper at Kolmården

--