Re: [OM] oly (2nd) body advice needed

Subject: Re: [OM] oly (2nd) body advice needed
From: Lars Haven <lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 23:23:25 +0100
Acer V wrote:

[snip]

> This week I'll get my OM1n looked at, but something tells me it's BER.
>
> Let's put a price cap of US$250 or so. What would  you do:
>
> 1. get another OM1n (top ones for ~200@OlyGuy)
> 2. get OM2k
> 3. get OM something else (say 2(n))

[snip]

Acer,

In your situation I'd look hard on a replacement OM1(n), although I would not
rule out repair of the damaged OM1n. It would all depend on the repair cost.
My main worry would be, if the damaged camera was hit so hard that the base
(lens mount to film) distance was changed. Also the mirror might become
misadjusted, which might not be a problem for astrophotography, but would be
rather annoying otherwise.

Regards
Lars
(still lurking about)

--
Lars Haven  <mailto:lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> http://home.worldonline.dk/~lhaven
"When writing about women, one must dip one's pen in a rainbow"